Hello, talented and caring individual!
Camp Rise is seeking YOU to join our staff team this summer! Rise is a meaningful and enriching overnight summer camp for youth ages 7-17 in the Greater Kansas City area who lack access to affordable summer programming. Camp Rise aims to celebRate Independence, reSilience and Empowerment. This is a no-cost event for our campers.
In order to facilitate activities and our day-to-day schedule, Camp Rise requires a team of unstoppable and trustworthy individuals. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to work well in a team, be flexible and patient, have compassion and good decision making skills and a positive attitude. This is a 6 day, over-night commitment. Meals and lodging are provided during camp and all staff members will have a 1 hour on-site break each day. All positions are unpaid yet we are happy to sign off on 105 volunteer hours. Yes-there are outlets and wifi and snacks galore.
The historic Rotary Youth Camp is ADA accessible and includes paved walkways and hiking trails, indoor bathrooms and showers, large dining hall and full service-kitchen, state of the art zero depth entry pool and 13 rustic camper cabins. Accredited by the American Camp Association, Rotary Youth Camp is open year-round and graciously serves the youth of Greater Kansas City without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability. Please come join us and give the gift of summer camp!
- 18+, able to pass a background check
- Full availability Saturday, July 13th, 2019 at 8:00am until Thursday, July 18th, 2019 at 4:00pm (reminder: camp is overnight)
- Duties include (but are not limited to): daily care and assistance with campers, facilitating chores and daily routines, help in participation of camp activities and projects around the campgrounds
- Duties include (but are not limited to): facilitating program activities and chores, participation in activities and projects around the campgrounds
- Available shifts and times are listed in the application form